Watermelons are an obvious thirst quencher with the highest water content of any fruit. They also surprisingly have the lighest level of lycopene of any fruit or veggie - even tomatoes! Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight heart disease and several types of cancer, especially prostate cancer.
- Fresh watermelon juice is an excellent source of Vitamin A, an antioxidant which helps maintain eye health; Vitamin C, which strengthens immunicty, heals wounds, prevents cell damange and promotes healthy bones; and Vitamin B6, which helps with brain function and also helps convert protein to energy.
- Watermelons also have plenty of thiamine, magnesium, and potassium which are all vital for optimal health. If the little ones won't eat their spinach... give them some fresh watermelon juice instead.
A 100 ml glass of fresh melon juice contains approximately 30 calories, where 89% of the calories come from carbohydrates, 7% from proteins, and 4% from fats. Some more of the interesting melon juice nutrition facts are as follows:
- Melon juice has a cleansing, diuretic, mineralizing, and alkalinizing effect on the body and is very effective in eliminating harmful toxins from the body.
- It is easily digestible and helps maintain an acid-alkaline balance in our body.
- Melon juice is an extremely rich source of antioxidants like lycopene, lutein, beta-carotene, neurosporene phytoene, and phytofluene.
- These antioxidants not only help protect against a number of diseases and disorders, they also boost stamina and metabolism.
- The vital antioxidants also help neutralize the harmful free radicals found in the body.
- Melon juice contains no cholesterol and helps prevent the build up of cholesterol in the arteries and other blood vessels. Furthermore, melon juice increases the good cholesterol in the body and lowers the risk of cardiovascular disorders.
- Melon juice is beneficial in preventing and treating constipation, fluid retention, and itchiness because of acid toxicity in the body.
While studying about the nutritional facts of melon juice, it is also important to shed light on some of the vital nutrients in melon juice. Some of the important vitamins in melon juice are vitamin A, B6, C, D and folate. Similarly, some of the main minerals found in melon juice include:
In addition to these nutrients in melon juice, there are also a few amino acids found in trace amounts such as:
- Aspartic acid
- Glutamic acid